To get an email notification of auditions sign up HERE and check "acting."
Auditions have been scheduled for July 31st and August 1st at 7:00pm at the Playhouse at 204 Kettle Moraine Drive S, Slinger. Actors will be asked to read selections from the script which are provided below.
ABOUT THE PLAY-
Deathtrap is one of the longest running plays in Broadway and London history. The movie was awful but the stage play is, in a phrase, to die for. The small cast of 3 men and 2 women has great roles and three of them ('Sidney', 'Clarence' and 'Helga') are highly sought after by actors in the know.
The Plot- Comfortable in his Connecticut home, Sidney Bruhl, a successful writer of Broadway thrillers, is struggling to overcome a dry spell which has resulted in a string of failures. A break in his fortunes occurs when he receives a script from a student in the seminar he has been conducting – a thriller which Sidney recognizes immediately as a potential Broadway hit. Of course Sidney creates a plan to make the script his. Ira Levin's long running Broadway comedy-mystery-thriller will have you screaming just in time for Halloween.
If you want to read the entire script, send an email to BusinessManager@KMPlayhouse.com
- 9 performances as follows-
- October 12, 13, 18, 19, 20 at 7:30pm
- October 13, 20 at 3:00pm
- October 14, 21 at 2:00pm
- August 20 through September 16 (avg 3 per week)
- September 17 through October 11 (avg 4 per week)
- 25-30 total
- Sidney Bruhl – 50's – a writer
- Myra Bruhl – Sidney's wife
- Clifford Anderson – 25-35 – A young student playwright
- Helga Ten Dorp – 50's – a psychic neighbor
- Porter Milgrim – 50's
Director- Dan Pronley, the drama coach at Elmbrook School District (Brookfield Central). Dan is very fun, engaging and thorough. We are thrilled to have him and believe you will like him and how he operates.
- Being available for rehearsals is important and it's part of our casting process. You don't have to complete this form prior to auditions but we recommend you do because you will have to complete it prior to being considered for the cast. We have actually had multiple instances of actors auditioning and accepting roles and then realizing they had a conflict with a performance date and couldn't do the show. Everyone's time had been wasted. It will take about 15 minutes so get out your calendar and complete it. ACTOR'S AVAILABILITY FORM
Buying the Moose
There was a lot of competition for the roles and we have an awesome cast for this show!
- Rob – Josh Scheibe
- Betty, Rob's wife – Christy Miceli
- Greg, Rob's older brother – Robb Bessey
- Cheryl, Greg's wife – Stefani Crawford