We would love to have you join us but our MISSION STATEMENT says "We can be joined only by substantial participation in the organized preparation and presentation of a theatrical work." So, if you're serious about it, SIGN UP and let us know who you are and what you want to do; acting, lights, set, costumes, building upkeep, etc. or all of the above. We will then contact you when there is something to participate in like an audition, set building, party, etc. That will get you on the path to membership!
The V.I.P. Program
At the Playhouse, volunteers are Very Important People and we have a special program for them!
- VIPs earn credits, $1 for every 30 minutes of productive volunteer time. Yes, you love what you're doing or you wouldn't be doing it and the credit isn't compensation, it's just our way of saying "Thank you" and "We value you."
- Your credits are placed on an electronic coupon which will be your VIP Number and you will use it to get discounts on tickets, education and even merchandise.
- Most volunteers will qualify, but these will not…
- Ushers — in exchange for selling beverages and raffle and helping the customers, ushers get to see the shows they are ushering for free.
- Stage Managers and Tech Operators — these positions are part of our educational programs.
- House Managers — we have a special program for them [see below]
- Your enrollment as a V.I.P. starts by signing up HERE.
House Management will be very different at the Playhouse than it is at other community theatres. It has to be because they don't have to deal with all the things we do like our own ticket program, coupons, gift certificates, season tickets, a telephone box office and alcohol sales. So we designed a special program with real, substantial rewards and a training program. Initially, we want to staff 4 house managers who will run the Playhouse at performances and manage the ushers who help them.
If you enjoy providing customer service on the phone and in person and you are good with technology then you need to talk to us about this opportunity. Most of your work will be done from your home in 1 hour per week. Get started on the road to being a Playhouse House Manager by emailing BusinessManager@KMPlayhouse and use the subject line "House Manager position."