For a script, email ArtisticDirector@gmail.com and specify which show.
By Leslie Ayvazian, Brooke Berman, David Cale, Jessica Goldberg, Beth Henley, Lameece Issaq, Claire LaZebnik, Lisa Loomer, Michele Lowe, Marco Pennette, Theresa Rebeck, Luanne Rice, Anne Weisman and Cheryl L. West
Directed by Traci Tousey
AUDITIONS– Tuesday, July 13th, 7:00pm at the Playhouse. Other times by appointment.
REHEARSALS begin July 19th. There will be approximately 25 over an 8 week period.
- FRI, SEP 10, 7:30PM – SAT, SEP 11, 3:00PM – SUN, SEP 12, 2:00PM
- THU, SEP 16, 7:30PM – FRI, SEP 17, 7:30PM – SAT, SEP 18, 3:00PM – SUN, SEP 19, 2:00PM
When entrusting the subject of motherhood to a dazzling collection of celebrated American writers, what results is a joyous, moving, hilarious, and altogether thrilling theatrical event. Utterly unpredictable, the show shatters traditional notions about parenthood, unveils its inherent comedy and celebrates the deeply personal truths that span and unite generations. These vignettes, written by 14 different writers, will delight you.
WHAT THE CRITICS SAID-
- “Funny, unexpectedly poignant and sweetly entertaining. Brings tears of joy…An evening filled with wit, humor, pathos and enlightenment. Heartfelt and true to life.” —Examiner.com.
- “It succeeds because it is so authentic.” —Entertainment Weekly.
- “Chicken Soup for the Mom.” —Variety.
- “Funny, poignant and spirited.” —Santa Monica Daily Press.
YOU SHOULD KNOW that a small amount of the language might be considered objectionable.
THE CAST- we need women to play from age 12 to age 80. A minimum of 3 but 6 would be nice. We need at least 1 man (but 2 would be good also) to play between ages 30 and 50.
PREPARATION- Download the following 2 documents, complete them and bring them with you to auditions. On the calendar you must indicate the dates you CANNOT rehearse with an X. In the case of weekends do that for each timeslot, not just the day.
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO READ FROM THE FOLLOWING-
CONTACT- John Brandl 920-960-8996