Come join us for an amazing theater experience and a lot of fun!
For a script, email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which show.
THERE WILL BE NO HARDCOPY AUDITION FORMS. USE THE BUTTON ABOVE TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE ONE.
Now and Then
Written by: Sean Grennan
Directed by: Robb Bessey
The Story: Sometimes what happens after last call just might change your life. One night in 1981, just as Jamie is closing the bar where he works, a desperate last-minute customer offers him and his girlfriend Abby two thousand dollars to sit and have a drink with him. Who wouldn’t take it? As the trio swaps stories and Jamie considers the decisions he faces about his musical career and his future with his girlfriend Abby. the young couple begins to realize that this older man is unusually invested in their choices… and the reason he gives them is completely unbelievable. But when a very displeased second stranger arrives, the unbelievable begins to look like it just might be true. Now and Then is a heartfelt romantic comedy about the costs of the choices we make, and the people who make them with us.
Auditions: March 4 & 5, 2024, 6:30-8:30pm
Performances: May 3-12, 2024
Rehearsals: Begin March 11
Jamie: Late 20s, early 30s. Bartender and aspiring pianist. Attractive in a regular guy way. Sincere, hardworking, very much in love with Abby.
Man: Mid-60s. A bit beaten down but good-natured. Easy to talk to, well spoken, sincere and very intent on his mission tonight. Husband of 35 years to Woman. he is desperate.
Abby: Late 20s-early 30s. IHOP waitress and one-time English major. Funny, smart, and very much in love with Jamie.
Woman: Mid-60s or a bit younger. Strong. Direct. Loving. A little coarse. She is man’s wife of 35 years. No-one knows her like he does and no-one knows him like she. She and man bicker, but there is a bedrock of love there. They’d do anything for each other, and no one can hurt either of them like the other one can.
Take a piece of KMPlayhouse home with you! Show your support for local theater by purchasing exclusive merchandise from our online store. From stylish apparel to collectible memorabilia, our merchandise collection is a must-have for theater enthusiasts. Click below to explore our merchandise and find the perfect item to showcase your love for KMPlayhouse.
Buying tickets for a performance at Kettle Moraine Playhouse is a seamless and convenient process. Whether you’re a seasoned theatergoer or new to the world of live performances, we’ve made it easy for you to secure your seats. Simply visit our website or give us a call to explore our upcoming shows and their scheduled dates. Once you’ve selected the performance that captivates your interest, choose your preferred seating section and the number of tickets you require. Our user-friendly online ticketing system allows you to review the seating chart, select your seats, and make secure payments in just a few clicks. We are so confident in the ease of use that we requiring all purchases be made online.
Alternatively, our friendly box office staff is always ready to assist you over the phone or in person. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to see the magic of theater – purchase tickets today and prepare for an unforgettable evening at Kettle Moraine Playhouse.
Calls to the Box Office are sent to the phones of scheduled volunteers who also receive your message in email with an attached audio file. Calls are returned within 24 hours but sooner when possible and if it pertains to a performance starting within 24 hours.
When you call, it’s important to leave a precise but brief message about what you need because that will speed up the reply you get.
You can reach the Box Office at 262-223-6061, Ext 1 or by emailing BoxOffice@kmplayhouse.comBuy Tickets
The Playhouse Ticket Policy for Shows does not apply to concerts and special events. There is just one single price for everyone. In fact we call the pricing category “Everyone.” V.I.P. coupons and other discount coupons do not apply to concerts and special events. So our pricing and policy is quite simple – One single “Everyone” price. NO REFUNDS – NO EXCHANGES. If a concert is cancelled and rescheduled, there is no refund. If it is cannot be rescheduled, then you may get a refund depending on our contract with the musicians.Buy Tickets
TICKET POLICY for Kettle Moraine Playhouse Shows
TAXES and FEES
- Sales tax of 5.5% will be added to your purchase.
- There is no ticketing fee for phone or on line sales. Unlike other companies, we pay the fees and do not pass them along to you to put it on your credit card or PayPal account. We don❜t know of any credit card company that charges you to use their card, but if they do, that is your responsibility.
- There is a $3 per seat facility fee to help us meet facility maintenance needs.
- There are none. Performance organizations or venues, whether it❜s the Packers, Brewers, Milwaukee Rep, Marcus Center or others, never give refunds and with good reason. We are not a ticket broker and cannot help you sell your tickets.
- If you cannot attend a performance you have tickets for and you contact the Box Office more than 24 hours in advance, we will exchange your tickets for another performance of the same show that you can attend, provided there are seats available. We will not charge you a fee for this.
- If the cast and staff can get to the Playhouse, there will be no cancellation regardless of outside conditions.
- If a performance is cancelled for weather or other factor, the following rules apply-
- If it is rescheduled, your tickets will be valid at the rescheduled performance. If you cannot attend that performance exchange rules will apply.
- If it is not rescheduled, you may ask for a coupon credit for the amount of your purchase that you can use to pay for another event when purchasing on line. The credit will be good for 24 months.
GENERAL RULES AND TICKET TYPES
- THERE ARE NO SALES AT THE DOOR except for student “RUSH” tickets. See below for details.
- NO ❝BABES IN ARMS❞ — Every person, regardless of age must have a ticket.
- Purchasers of STUDENT TICKETS must present a valid student ID at the theater. You must have an ID to get this discounted ticket.
- More and more, senior citizens [age 65+] do not look their age. You may be asked to show an ID at the theater. Take it as a compliment because it is.
- QUARTET TICKETS this is 4 or more tickets to the same performance. You cannot exchange ❝some of them❞. You must exchange all or none.
- STUDENT ❝RUSH❞ TICKETS 5 minutes before curtain the steeple bell will ring. At that time, if there are more seats than people in line, students with IDs may purchase an available seat for just $5. Do to time constraints, you may not have a choice of where the seat is. It❜s kind of like flying standby. We service everyone else and then you get your seat.
- GROUP TICKETS These are groups of 20 or more who purchase Quartet tickets plus one for the driver and we comp the driver’s ticket when they contact us. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- You pay the price + facility fee + sales tax but NO TICKETING FEES
- In addition to the prices shown below, you will pay a $3 per seat FACILITY FEE to help maintain the facility.
- Everyone, even babies, must have a ticket
- There are NO REFUNDS
- There are exchanges 24 hours in advance, subject to availability
- All ticket sales are online only – no tickets available at the door
Season passes are the most cost-effective way to see the shows. With a 7-show pass, you’ll enjoy savings of 35% off the regular ticket prices (33% off discounted senior citizen tickets.) It’s like buying 5 shows and getting 2 free.Learn More About Season Passes
Group tickets are not available for concerts and special events, only for theatre events.
What❜s the difference between Group tickets and Quartet tickets if they are both $24?
- QUARTET TICKETS
- Must have 4 or more people
- Purchased right on the website just like any other ticket
- GROUP TICKETS
- Groups purchase 20 or more seats by phone.
- We will “comp” the 21st seat for the driver.
- The group should arrive together and the organizer must provide a list of people BY SEAT NUMBER IN ADVANCE OF PERFORMANCE DATE.
Box office phone is 262-223-6061, Ext 1.
You can purchase a Gift Certificate / Card at 6 different dollar values. Certificates can thenGift Certificates Available be used when paying for tickets online for shows, concerts and special events.
Gift Certificates expire 36 months from the date of purchase.
Gift Certificates cannot be used on purchases at theatre lobby immediately prior to show.
When the user redeems the Gift Certificate, at the time of purchase the system will charge that part of the purchase which exceeds the certificate balance to the user❜s credit card. If the certificate value exceeds the purchase price, the unused portion of the certificate will remain available to the user for a future purchase prior to the expiration of the certificate.Buy Gift Certificates
Become a part of the KMPlayhouse community by volunteering your time and talents. Our theater thrives on the dedication and passion of volunteers who contribute to every aspect of our productions. Whether you have a knack for set design, lighting, costumes, or simply enjoy being involved behind the scenes, there’s a place for you at KMPlayhouse. Join our team of volunteers and help us bring the magic of theater to life.
Drop us a line at Volunteer@KMPlayhouse.com, and let us know who you are and what you want to do: acting, lights, sets, costumes, ushering, building upkeep, etc. or all of the above. We will be in touch when there is something to participate in, like an audition or set building party, or an opening for a lighting or sound operator, house manager, stage manager, etc. Beginners are welcome. We’re happy to teach you what you need to know.
Support the Arts: Make a Difference with Your Generous Donation
As a nonprofit organization, we rely on the generosity of individuals like you to continue creating exceptional theatrical experiences. Your contribution helps us maintain our high production standards, support talented actors and crew members, and provide enriching programs for theater enthusiasts of all ages. Every donation counts and makes a lasting impact.
About Kettle Moraine Playhouse
Recognizing Excellence: Celebrating our Accolades and Achievements
KMPlayhouse has been recognized for its outstanding contributions to the world of community theater. We are honored to have received the prestigious Organizational Achievement award from the American Association of Community Theatre, placing us among the top 25 companies in the country to be granted this distinction. We are immensely proud of our achievements and remain committed to delivering exceptional entertainment to our audience.
KMPlayhouse has received several International Musicians and Entertainers Association (IMEA) awards, recognizing our exceptional productions and talented individuals. From Best Production of a Play to Best Supporting Actor, our team has been acknowledged for their outstanding contributions to the theater. We are immensely proud of our accomplishments and grateful for the recognition we have received.
KMPlayhouse has participated in the Wisconsin Association of Community Theatre (WACT) statewide festival, showcasing our productions and earning recognition for our excellence. We have been selected to advance to the AACT Region III Festival, representing Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. These festivals serve as a platform for community theaters to compete and showcase their talents, and we are honored to have been a part of this prestigious event.