Experience Captivating Performances, Unforgettable Shows, and a Community-Driven Theater Experience like Never Before at Kettle Moraine Playhouse.
Volunteers are so crucially important in our mission to create and sustain quality theatre, and we would love to have you join us! If you’re interested in working with a great group of people and learning more about how things operate behind the scenes of a theater, fill out this form and let us know who you are and what you want to do: acting, lights, sets, costumes, ushering, building upkeep, etc. or all of the above.
We will be in touch when there is something to participate in, like an audition or set building party, or an opening for a lighting or sound operator, house manager, stage manager, etc. Beginners are welcome. We’re happy to teach you what you need to know. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Volunteer Relations Manager at Volunteer@KMPlayhouse.com.
We need three volunteer ushers for every performance, to show people to their seats, sell 50/50 raffle tickets, and sell concessions. Ushers help out before the show and during intermission. The work is easy, and no experience is necessary. And ushers get to see the show for free.
How do you become an usher? Sign up for an available slot. Arrive an hour before curtain, and enter through the side door (driveway side) because the front door won’t be unlocked yet. Report to the House Manager in the Lobby. Suggested attire: white top, black pants.
House Managers run the Playhouse at performances and manage the Ushers who help them. If you enjoy providing customer service on the phone and in person and are comfortable working with a computer, then you need to talk to us about this opportunity. Get started on the road to being a Playhouse House Manager by emailing Volunteer@KMPlayhouse.com and use the subject line “House Manager Position.”
The V.I.P. Program
At the Playhouse, volunteers are Very Important People and we have a special program for them!
- VIPs earn credits, $1 for every 30 minutes of productive volunteer time. Yes, you love what you’re doing or you wouldn’t be doing it, and the credit isn’t compensation. It’s just our way of saying Thank you and We value you.
- Your credits are placed on an electronic coupon which will be your VIP Number and you will use it to get discounts on theatre tickets you purchase online.
- Most volunteers will qualify, but these will not…
- Ushers— in exchange for selling beverages and raffle and helping the customers, ushers get to see the shows they are ushering for free.
- Stage Managers and Tech Operators — these positions are part of our educational programs.
- House Managers — we have a special program for them. (See above.)
- Your enrollment as a V.I.P. starts by signing up HERE.